Wednesday 27 July 2011

American Apparel vs Larry Flynt

American Apparel reminds me one of my favorite movies ; The people vs Larry Flynt . For me they are both about sex , drugs and lawsuits . I feel like they have the same soul . To me , the brand gives the feeling of 80ies (vintage) clothing . I think it's so brave and smart to use adult actresses in some of their ads and try to create 'cocaine-chic' images altough some of them have been banned for using nudity and sexuality . Not every woman wants to be a sweet girl , ha ? But yet we act like there is nothing like that ; 'Sexy' and 'cocaine-chic' are images we often come across in real life . Have a look around you , there are many famous celebs we love and they suit what i mean .
Afterall the store might give u the feeling like they always sell the same things , but they have great pieces . Becouse i adore leggings , my favs are neon coloured ones , what about ur ideas about the brand ,do u love it like i do , if yes what are ur fav pieces and also did u watch the movie Larry Flynt ? I wonder which movie reminds u the brand American Apparel ?


9 comments:

Yasmeen said...

I've never shopped at AA but don't tell :X No true fashion blogger would skip that. I don't know...I've always felt like their clothes were a bit plain for me. Everything sort of looks the same....and every other bloggers buys their stuff. Although, I love that they're products are produced in the US.

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Jenniina said...

you're talking girl!

u have nice pics in there and u have a gorgeous blog anyway

and thanks for ur comment, i appreciate that :)

would u like to follow each other?

Anha Senet said...

Great post :D
xoxo

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

I've been in there a few times never to buy just admire. it's a bit pricey for me but completely worth it. the vibrant colours and 80's exercise wear edge are so distinct.

http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hahaha totally agree! Love this post and your writing is some of my favorite out there in the blog world! I really enjoy reading your content! xoxox

moonstruck exposé

x. juliana

Matthew Spade said...

for me it's a bit old hat now, overpriced and not amazing quality. i hear it will be shutting soon anywho. i'm not saying some isn't comfy though!

Sick by Trend said...

American Apparel rocks! I really like the style

xx

Have a nice weekend! :)

www.sickbytrend.com

sBt

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Here in Belgium they are super SUPER expensive (for what the clothes are), so I buy my basics at the uber affordable H&M ^^ sometimes I do step into the store though ^^ x

Luciana said...

I do like some AA things, but it's not my favourite shop. I do have an XL clutch from there though that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

xx
Luciana
http://lucelove4fashion.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...